SPRING INTO ACTION charitable walk and run, Sunnybrook Park, Sat., May 3, for diabetes, organized by Leaside’s Insideout Health and Fitness. insideoutstudio.ca/events-3/spring-action-2014
NORTHLEA BLOOD DONOR CLINIC, Wed., April 9, 2-8 p.m. at Northlea Public School, 305 Rumsey Rd. 1-888-2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283) to book an appointment.
LEASIDE LIBRARY, 165 McRae Dr., 416-396-3835.
- Adult and teen programming: The 432 Leaside Squadron: Aviation historian Keith Hyde speaks about the squadron officially adopted by the town of Leaside during WWII. Drop in. No registration required. Tues., April 1, 7–8 p.m.
- Climate change and your future: Toronto Environmental Alliance. Tues. April 15, 7 p.m.
- Ontario Trillium Gift of Life. An information/registration table about organ donations. Tues. April 22, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Teen Console Gaming Night: Wii or PS 3. Wed., April 9, 4-6:30 p.m.
- Student Art Exhibit: For artists from North Toronto. Bring your favourite pieces (max.2) to exhibit and meet with other young artists. 416-396-3835 for information and to register. Sat., April 26, 1–4 p.m.
- Youth Advisory Group Meeting: Volunteer and receive community hours. Wed., April 30, 4-6 p.m.
- Children’s programming: Ready for Reading Story Times
- Preschool: 2-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, April 16–30.
- Family Time: 10:30-11a.m. Wednesdays, April 16-30.
- Toddler Time: 9:30-10 a.m. Wednesdays, April 16-30.
- Baby Time: 9:30-10 a.m. and 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays, April 17–24.
LEASIDE GARDEN SOCIETY: At Leaside Library. Balcony gardening with Cathy Park, Toronto master gardener. Thurs., April 10, 7:15 coffee, 7:30 presentation.