LEASIDE LAWN BOWLING CLUB OPEN HOUSE, Friday, May 9, 7 p.m.-9 p.m. and Saturday, May 10, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Try lawn bowling with no obligation to join. leasidebowls.ca
LAYERS OF LEASIDE WALKING TOUR FOR HERITAGE TORONTO Doors Open, 11 a.m.-12.30 p.m. and 1.30-3 p.m. Saturday, May 24 and Sunday, May 25. Start and finish, the Leaside Library.
LEASIDE LIBRARY, 165 McRae Dr.
Adult and teen programming
- Film-maker/visual humorist Cameron Tingley presents his short films and shares his observations of modern society. Themes include environment, media awareness and social civility. No registration required.Tuesday, May 6, 6:30 p.m.
- Benefits of a vegetarian/vegan diet, by the Toronto Vegetarian Association. Wednesday, May 7, 7 p.m.
- Spring book sale. Funds raised to support Toronto Public Library’s literacy programs. Saturday, May 10, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Youth Advisory Group meeting: Volunteer at the library and receive community hours. Wednesday, May 28, 4-6 p.m.
- Leaside Book Club: a discussion of The Orenda, by Joseph Boyden. Thursday, May 29, 7–8 p.m.
- Art Exhibit: Words Worth Sharing, paintings by Marisol D’Andrea. Thursday, May 1–Saturday, May 31.
- Ready for Reading Story Times:
- Preschool 2-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, May 7–28.
- Family Time 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays, May 7-28.
- Toddler Time 9:30-10 a.m. Wednesdays, May 7-28.
- Baby Time 9:30-10 a.m. and 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays, May 1-22.
- Other groups
- Heritage Ontario. Explore yesterday and today with Barry Penhale and special guests. Tuesdays, May 6-27, 2-4 p.m. Information, Ms. Saunders, 416-422-0450.
LEASIDE GARDEN SOCIETY
- The Wonder of Insects in the Garden, with Malcolm Geast, and Spring Mini-Show. Thursday, May 8, 6:30–10 p.m.
- Leaside Garden Society plant sale (perennials & annuals) Saturday, May 10, 9 a.m. Trace Manes Community Centre.